Things I would like as gifts - A list for my parents

Monday, April 16, 2007

My effort to deter from productivity

In a weak attempt to deter myself from doing any more group economic projects, history papers, marketing plans, or team presentations I have decided to pretend as though it is already summer and avoid the pressing deadlines that are hovering above me. Instead, I have decided to write a meaningless blog with no real underlying theme other than keeping me from doing the list of things I need to get done.

On April 18, 2000, I went to my mom and told her I was almost 16. Yes, I still had 364 days until I was 16 but I had already been counting down the months, days, hours, and seconds until I turned 16 for the past year. Now, I am counting down the hours, minutes, and seconds until I will be 22. This time, I am not counting down because I have been looking forward to this birthday for a very long time, but rather because I am dreading being any older than I already am. I never thought I would be old enough to wish I wasn't as old as I was. My mom always told me I should stop looking forward to being older because before I knew it I would wish I was younger. And now, here I am ... wishing I could stay 21 forever, and knowing full well it is impossible.

Since my life is flashing by before my eyes I have decided to put my edited "life list" on my blog ... (My actual list is longer but needed to be censored due to the fact that some people who might read this don't know me very well and may take my list at face value)

My Life List:

Learn to drive a stick shift car (Summer 2005 .. sort of)
Learn to play the drums
Go skydiving
Go bungee jumping
Run in a marathon
Write a book
Paint a picture (It was a bush ... 4/13/07)
Kiss someone with braces (8/11/06)
Learn Sign Language
Take a trip to Hawaii (8/31/06)
Take a trip to Australia
Have a NCMO (Fall 2003)
Kiss someone in a snow storm (December 2004)
Kiss someone in a haystack
Kiss someone in the rain (Summer 2004)
Cut a boys hair
Meet Wentworth Miller
Be in a movie
Get married in the temple
Go to every temple in the U.S.
Spend 3 days and 2 nights in every state in the U.S.
Go to 7 continents
Hike the Y (Winter 2004)
Change a car tire (2003)
Change the oil (2003)
Hike Mount Timpanogos (July 29, 2006)
Sing in a sacrament meeting with a small group(1999)
Meet the current prophet
Buy a car
Buy a house
Get lasix eye surgery
Get laser hair removal
Make a giant gingerbread house that actually stands on its own!
Run in the state track meet (Spring 2002)
Be on a game show
Ride on a llama/camel
Go to the Krishna Temple (8/19/06)
Milk a cow
Take a cruise
Make a quilt (Summer 2003)
Donate my hair to locks for love
Get a drastic hair makeover
Live outside of Utah for at least a year
Be a mom
Wear mom pants
Graduate from BYU with a degree in Marketing Management
Drink Hot Chocolate in France
Go to Disney World
Go Snorkeling (9/2/06)
Learn to Latin Dance

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can put a date on the snorkeling!! Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Amy said...

Cool list. I hope you get them all.