Things I would like as gifts - A list for my parents

Monday, May 14, 2007

My Camera: The Canon PowerShot S80

It was about February 8th that I realized my camera had encountered an untimely accident in the depths of my purse. As I pulled it out and tried to turn it on, all I could hear was the sad attempts of a digital device straining to live. Each attempt I made to get my camera to work only made the death of my camera more eminent - or so I thought.

After that day many picture worthy events occurred but I was unable to document them. I won front row tickets to the valentines day Men's Basketball game where we were so close that I could feel the sweat permeating from the athletes in front of me. That same day I had a great Valentines Day "Date" as me and my roommate took turns being on a date with the same guy. During the month I also attended my first hockey game at BYU, watched the rembrandt commercial for the first time (truly life changing), watched BYU beat the UofU in Salt Lake City for the first time in 13 years, and had lots of "oh man if only I had my camera" moments.

March and April were even more full of moments I wish I had been documenting. Unfortunately, my camera was buried and I was clueless as to how to bring it back to life. My camera breaking only had one reward, I lured my friends out of hiding. They learned of my camera's disappearance from my everyday life and decided they could handle hanging out with me again. I made many feel safe, as though the paparrazi was no longer going to upset the living of their simple customary lives.

Unfortunately for them I have an awesome co-worker and for my birthday he decided to look into the warranty of my camera and he got it sent in and fixed (better than it was before it was broken: I even got a new LCD Screen on it). Now after my cameras recrudescence I can re-acquaint myself with my camera and now I can continue my repugnant picture taking habits at the expense of my family and friends.

Even though my camera missed Britney Spears breakdown, Anna Nicole Smith's Death, my roommates awesome St. Patty's day party, and Des's engagement now that it is back, my life is more fulfilling and happier than ever before.



Editor's Note: I cannot honestly attribute total happiness and a fulfilling life solely my cameras resurrection. There are definite other factors to making ones life seem whole.

1 comment:

Young said...

very nice pictures!! i enjoyed looking at them.. Have a blessed day!!!