Things I would like as gifts - A list for my parents

Friday, September 07, 2007

Wedding Day Fun

It's seemingly ironic that I should post about Runescape before my own wedding. Well I'm righting the wrong and I'll share some "wedding day adventures".

We arrived at the temple around 6:25am, just in time to witness the explosion of this building. Unfortunately we didn't get a picture of the cloud of dust that quickly took over the downtown area.

We were very blessed to have an east wind that morning (something that never happens) and a large number of temple square workers who were able to clean up all the dust in the area before we even got out of the temple. Our pictures looked great!

After pictures we all headed over to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to enjoy an amazing breakfast, friends, family, a quick little speach by Will, and a much longer and more embarrassing one by my mother, as well as a toast by Jay. Did I mention the food was amazing?





This next portion of pictures I like to call "The Reception: Before and After the Thunderstorm"

BEFORE:

The decorations were amazing: Provided by my mom's hard work. We didn't get many before shots of the reception but once we get the pictures back from the photographers we'll post more since they have all the really fun ones!

I borrowed this picture from Ben's sister's blog since I didn't have any of people before everyone ended up soaked!



DURING:

My sisters and Kjersty ran around in pouring rain to save all the decorations. They saved everything but ended up a little wet - Probably my favorite picture of the night!


AFTER:

We wiped down the chairs and tables and people enjoyed the smell of a fresh rain while I stood back and wished it would have waited an hour. Oh well ...


The rain didn't stop us though from enjoying the wedding celebrations. (Notice the sopping wet sister and best friend in the background!)


and last but not least ... My Cake! I think Albertsons and my aunt Donya did an amazing job!


So after all is said and done ... I wouldn't change a thing. The explosion of a building, the thunderstorm of the year, the homemade bouquets (which were made by Kjersty and myself about 2 minutes before guests arrived), and the people that shared in all the excitement just made this day one that I will never forget. I dare old age to even try!

7 comments:

Paul said...

I think Ben got exactly the same tux I did...

Mrs. Mike said...

Once again, I'm sad that we weren't there! I love your decorations, your dress, and the cake! Fun times.

kelsey said...

Your reception was beautiful, thunderstorm and all. And, I loved your cake! Oh, and I loved the ice cream. Fun times.

christy said...

It was a great day. All the action made it that much more exciting. You guys are beautiful and so was your special day. Good Luck with all the thank you notes!

Samantha said...

You guys made those bouquets? They were so pretty. All the flowers were. And that was an awesome cake. Very nice wedding and reception!

Anonymous said...

I AM SORRY I COULDN'T COME, BUT I STILL LOVE YOU KIDS, I SHOULD MAKE YOU DINNER SOMETIME, IF YOU'RE NOT TOO BUSY DOING OTHER THINGS. ;)

Benjipups said...

Yeah, that day really almost did compare to runescape.